Lost Pines Toyota Leads with Green Initiatives
Lost Pines Toyota Goes Solar
As a LEED Gold-Certified Business, we knew that the next step to making our Green Initiatives a priority was to go solar!
With over 700 high-performance solar panels covering almost the entire roof of our dealership, they will yield a 60% energy offset that will produce a combined 366,970-kilowatt hours of solar power per year!
This is equivalent to 254.9 tons of Carbon Dioxide removed from the air every year and 9,835 trees cleansing the air for a year!
We Use Green Products Whenever Possible
In what other ways are we going green as a whole dealership? For starters, we’ve reconsidered our daily operations:
- Reduced noise pollution by eliminating the overhead PA system storewide
- Janitorial supplies are environmentally friendly
- Vehicles are hand-washed to reduce water usage
- We promote environmentally friendly supplies for vehicles
- Coffee and soda cups are made from recycled supplies
- Recycled tote bags for customers
- Digital tablets for our Service Advisors
- Sales staff shirts are made from recycled material, i.e. name tags, uniforms, and business cards
- Reuse and recycle printing paper as much as possible
- Data (from finance contractors to vehicle inspections) is scanned, electronically stored, and archived
In addition, we recycle all used oil, lubricants, and filters, antifreeze, tires, batteries, all metal parts, wheel weights, paper, and cardboard. You’ll find recycling bins in every department.
Thank You Freedom Solar Power!